3 months to 14 years
- Hodge Clough Primary School: AM + PM
Provider Availability Dates:
Available from 28/11/2023
Daily Session Times:
- Monday: 07:30 - 18:00
- Tuesday: 07:30 - 18:00
- Wednesday: 07:30 - 18:00
- Thursday: 07:30 - 18:00
- Friday: 07:30 - 18:00
Provider Additional Information:
All fees and hours negotiable
Registered for 3/4yr Old Funding:
- Are there any reductions: Yes
- Do you accept childcare vouchers: Yes
- How Do You Involve Parents/carers In Identifying SEND: Yes
- I involve parents in every aspect of their child’s care whilst in my setting. If an area of a child’s development raises concerns with myself then I will suggest that we have a meeting with the parents or carers and discuss briefly my findings. We would then suggest that parents should involve the health visitor or AEN specialist.
- How Do You Identify Special Educational Needs And Disabilities (SEND): Yes
- I make sure my training is up to date, I also consistently assess the children in my setting through observations and get to know the children and parents which will enable me to identify SEND.
- How Will You Help Me To Support My Child's Learning And Development: Yes
- I share daily journals with parents and provide them with reports which summarise their child's development and progress. I will also share the child's learning journey with parents to enable them to feel included in their child’s learning and development within my setting. I have a child centred approach in terms of activities for children and shape them to the interests of the child, to enable them to reach their next steps.
- How Will You Ensure My Child's Educational Needs And Well-Being Are Met: Yes
- I follow the EYFS and areas and stages of a child's development, I plan activities and find suitable resources for children. I do observations around the activities I supply, therefore if a child is having problems I would notice this.
- How Will Both You And I Know That My Child Is Achieving The Agreed Outcomes: Yes
- I complete a starting point assessment when children start in my setting, I then keep track of their developments and achievements by setting goals and targets suitable for their age range. Through regular observations provided in their daily log I am then able to see their developments. The learning journey will outline what level the child is at, what they do well and plan for the next step in their development.
- How Do You Adapt Activities And Resources And The Learning Environment For Children With SEND: Yes
- This is child specific, and person centred. I would look at the activities and establish how it could be made easier or more accessible making sure that nobody left out or feels discriminated against.
- How Accessible Is The Early Years Setting Environment, Both Indoors And Outdoors: Yes
- Children can move freely between the front room and dining room and have access to all toys and resources freely. If there was a child with a particular need I would ensure space was available for them. I also risk assess daily the indoor and outdoor areas to ensure the safety for each child.
There are 2 small stops on the front door to my home and again 2 small steps to the backdoor of my home leading to my outdoor play space.
- How Will My Child Be Included In Activities Outside The Early Years Setting Including Trips: Yes
- I would make reasonable adaptations for the trip and provide additional risk assessments, I would also contact the venue and find out about their accessibility if I felt it necessary. However, I would aim to plan trips suitable for all children in my setting.
- How Do You Work With External Agencies To Support Children With SEND: Yes
- I can contact and work with agencies who can help parents with their child. I would also support agencies to visit the child within my setting if they felt a need to do so.
- How Do You Support Children Starting And Leaving The Setting: Yes
- I provide all children with settling in sessions and ask parents to complete “About Me” forms that detail information that might help support the transition. If a child is leaving my setting to another setting I will provide as much information about the child as possible to the new setting and also create a transition booklet containing photos of their new setting. I will also if needed provide and regularly read social stories to them to make sure they are prepared for their transition.
- How Are Staff Trained Regarding SEND: Yes
- Attending regular SEND training organised by Oldham Council and other external bodies.
- Who Can I Contact If I Have A Compliment, Concern Or Complaint And What Action Can I Expect: Yes
- Parents receive a copy of my Complaints policy which provides them with all necessary information regarding complaints. Parents usually share compliments verbally or through cards. Communicating regularly with parents enables any concerns are dealt with promptly.