The Village Nursery,
9 Albert Street,
2 months to 5 years
Provider Availability Dates:
Available from 14/02/2022
Daily Session Times:
- Monday: 07:30 - 18:00
- Tuesday: 07:30 - 18:00
- Wednesday: 07:30 - 18:00
- Thursday: 07:30 - 18:00
- Friday: 07:30 - 18:00
Provider Additional Information:
All fees negotiable
All meals and snacks included in fees
Closed for 1 week at Christmas and all Bank Holidays
Registered for 3/4yr Old Funding:
- Are there any reductions: Yes
- 10% if they do a certain amount of days
- Do you accept childcare vouchers: Yes
- Packed Lunch Required: Yes
- How Do You Involve Parents/carers In Identifying SEND: Yes
- By providing leaflets/help sessions to inform parents and to help identify SEND
- How Do You Identify Special Educational Needs And Disabilities (SEND): Yes
- By monitoring children and using this to ensure the children get the correct care and identifying what it is they will need.
- How Will You Help Me To Support My Child's Learning And Development: Yes
- By observing and evaluating what the child does. Then to next step and develop/ extend on what the child knows
- How Will You Ensure My Child's Educational Needs And Well-Being Are Met: Yes
- By providing age-appropriate activities that will support their learning which are then observed
- How Will Both You And I Know That My Child Is Achieving The Agreed Outcomes: Yes
- By keeping parents informed, holding parents evenings and continious communication with parents/carers
- How Do You Adapt Activities And Resources And The Learning Environment For Children With SEND: Yes
- By changing bits of the activities to the childs needs
- How Accessible Is The Early Years Setting Environment, Both Indoors And Outdoors: Yes
- Very accessible. All equipment is at the child's level where the children can access what it is they want to play with. We have a shed outdoors that the children can access for their outdoor toys.
- How Will My Child Be Included In Activities Outside The Early Years Setting Including Trips: Yes
- By rotating what it is that we do, so if we take the children to the park on one day and a child missed out we would again plan to go on a day when that child is in.
- How Do You Work With External Agencies To Support Children With SEND: Yes
- There is constant communication if needed, we have telephone numbers up if we ever need support.
- How Do You Support Children Starting And Leaving The Setting: Yes
- Transition periods. For children starting we have settling in sessions that help the child get to know their new environment and also the staff. Leavers have the same - if they are going to school we will provide them with the learning journeys and also have a play session with the child and their new school.
- How Are Staff Trained Regarding SEND: Yes
- The SENCO will go on training where necessary and will then pass on information at staff meetings, having questions for staff to test themselves on
- Who Can I Contact If I Have A Compliment, Concern Or Complaint And What Action Can I Expect: Yes
- We have a review card for things like compliments, but also going to the manager - to give right praise for staff. You would first contact the Manager of the nursery to try and resolve the situation and get to the bottom of the complaint/ concern.